- February 5, 2023
Is it a great idea to DIY an Ikea kitchen ?
Suppose you’re planning to install Ikea kitchen cabinets and looking for professional installers in the Seattle metro area. With a quick Google search for the right keywords like Ikea kitchen cabinet installers, Ikea installation company, or Ikea kitchen remodeling near me, you will find the most qualified and experienced installers. In that case, looking for independent Ikea kitchen cabinet installers is the best option for a long-lasting and beautiful result. A few contractors in the Seattle greater area offer Ikea kitchen installation services. Our company, Hive Kitchen Remodeling, is one of these local businesses. We offer exceptional Ikea installation services along with complete general contracting services.
Is DIY cabinet installation a good idea?
DIYers are courageous, trail-blazing people! Cheering words are sprinkled throughout the Ikea website, encouraging people to consider a DIY installation even if they have yet to gain experience. A beautiful kitchen remodel requires proper planning, correct measurements, and a well-thought design. Installing your own Ikea kitchen cabinets or tackling an entire kitchen remodel is a bold idea, but should you?
Here comes the part where you should consider professional help to ensure a fast and long-lasting result. Some questions may give you more perspective on why professional Ikea installation is a great idea. Are you confident your measurements are precise? Have you accounted for your kitchen’s windows, outlets, plumbing, and uneven ceilings? Are you aware that Ikea kitchen cabinets come in European sizes and are more challenging to match wall-to-wall in standard American kitchen sizes?
You should tackle your cabinet installation only if you include yourself in the following categories.
• If you have done it before and have learned in the process (first timers with no experience or time may take up to one year to finish the installation – we have seen it).
• If you work in the remodeling industry and among your skills, you can include carpentry.
• If you have a skilled friend or relative to assist and guide you.
• You have prepared a side kitchen and a temporary cooking spot if you can withstand a no-kitchen scenario until the completion of the renovation.
There’s even more to Ikea kitchen installers than building up a beautiful kitchen for our clients. Most of the time, the company that offers Ikea installation also offers Ikea kitchen designs. There is one company that offers exclusive online designs named IKD. They offer beautiful and elaborate designs for both DIY-ers and contractors alike. Hive Kitchen Remodeling is one of their recommended installers in the Seattle greater area. At Hive Kitchen Remodeling, we also source the countertops, suggest the best fixtures, and execute a well-planned schedule—all while being mindful of the client’s resources. “Budget is one of the most important conversations we have with clients at the beginning of the project” Creating, following, and maximizing a budget might seem easy. Still, one unexpected purchase can quickly throw your finances out of whack.
Here are several reasons homeowners should consider hiring a professional Ikea kitchen cabinet installer rather than attempting to install the cabinets themselves.
Why hire Ikea kitchen installers?
1. First and foremost, proper installation is essential for the longevity and functionality of your cabinets. Improperly installed cabinets may not function correctly, causing issues such as doors not closing properly or drawers not sliding smoothly. Ultimately, you may hire a professional to install your cabinets correctly and fix any possible design, assembly, and installation mistakes.
2. Installing Ikea kitchen cabinets can be time-consuming and complex, especially if you are unfamiliar with the process. It requires a certain level of skill and expertise. Cabinets should be installed to a high standard, as it may also take expert hacks to complete the look.
3. Another reason to consider hiring a professional is to save time and avoid stress. Installing Ikea kitchen cabinets can be labor-intensive and time-consuming; it may take longer than expected if you don’t have remodeling or carpentry experience. Hiring a professional can free up time to focus on other aspects of your kitchen renovation or update rather than worrying about the installation process.
Years of Ikea kitchen installations matter!
Proper installation is also essential for your kitchen’s overall look and functionality. By hiring a professional, you can ensure that your Ikea kitchen cabinets are correctly installed and allow the following stages of your renovation: countertops, backsplash, and appliance installation since these are all interconnected. You need correctly secured cover panels and trims, the right fridge cabinet hack if your ceilings are low, and most certainly properly attached cabinets to the wall to support the weight of a stone countertop.
Hiring professional Ikea kitchen cabinet installers is an excellent choice for homeowners. Professional kitchen cabinet installers take pride in their work and strive to provide high-quality artistry. Your cabinets will be installed to a high standard, ensuring they function correctly and look great for years.
For a free consultation, please get in touch with Hive Kitchen Remodeling and start a conversation about your next Ikea kitchen remodeling project.